No 1: Net Worth – $39.5 Billion
Names: Sheldon Adelson
Born: 4 August, 1933
Education: City College of New York
Profession: Businessman, Entrepreneur (Casino and Hotel Mogul)
Occupation: Chairman, CEO of Sands Las Vegas.
Net Worth: US$39.5 billion Forbes rating 2018.
At the net worth of US$39.5 billion, Mr. Sheldon Adelson is no doubt the richest billionare casino owner, and the 21st richest man in the world. He started casino and hotel business in 1988 when he and his partners bought Sand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas with the proceed of the money -US$862 million- they made from selling their former business, Comdex Show.
Mr Adelson has hotel casino properties in United State, Singapore and in China. Each of these properties is unique in its own design and style. Two of these properties are listed among the top six most expensive casino building and top ten most expensive building in the world. Though he has interest in other form of businesses but chunk of his billion comes from casino hotel.
Las Vegas Sands.
He owns casinos and hotels under brand name ‘Sands’ and ‘Venetian’. Las Vegas Sand is the parent companies of his business, by it he controls:
1. The Venetian, Las Vegas -112,000 gaming space, cost US$1.5 billion, and has largest poker room in the world.
2. Palazzo Hotel and Casino, Las vegas: Opened in 2007, cost US$1.8 billion.
3. Sand Bethlehem, Pennsylvania: Largest casino resort in US. Opened 2007, has 3000 slot machines, 200 table games including 36 poker tables.
Sands China Limited:
Las Vegas Sands has the controlling shares in Sands China Limited and by it he controls
1. Venetian Macao on Estradada Baia de Nissa, Senhorada Esperance Taipa, opened 2007
2. The Sands Macao on 40203 Largo de Montecarlo Macau, opened 2004. Gaming space 229,000 sq. ft.
3. The Plaza Macao having 33,000 sq. ft. gaming space
4. Four Season Hotel Macao which was Opened 2008
5. Sand Cotai Central, which comprise
– Conrad Hotel, Macao
– Holiday Inn, Macao
– Sheraton Hotel, Macao which also double as the largest Sheraton hotel in the world.
1. Marina Bay Sands: Opened 2010 is adjudged to be the most expensive building ever built.